Year 6 Class Page
Welcome back Year 6! As always, if you need to talk to me, have any questions or need some help/advice - please book an appointment to see me with the school office.
Spellings are set weekly on a Friday to be tested on a Friday. We learn the spelling rule in class but children must practice the rule at home via spelling shed.
- Children will be sent home with their spelling sheet and spelling score so parents can check in and work on any incorrect spellings.
- 17/9/21 - 24/9/21 = words ending in -cious
- 24/9/21 - 1/10/21 = words with silent letters
- 1/10/21 - 8/10/21 = words with silent letters
- 8/10/21 - 15/10/21 = ough letter string
- 15/10/21 - 22/10/21 = ough letter string
- Children have their new reading colour band book. Children should read regularly at school AND at home.
- Children can record if they read independently.
- In Y6, we ask that parents read with their child once a week still to ensure they have a good understanding of the story.
Times Tables are to be practiced via Times Tables Rockstars. Children need to log in to the app and play the different games to increase the speed they can recall upto 12 x 12.
10 random times tables will be tested each week.
My Maths Homework
- 17/9/21 - 24/9/21 = Place Value | Very Big Numbers | Rounding and Accuracy.
- 24/9/21 - 1/10/21 = Negative Numbers in Context
- 1/10/21 - 8/10/21 = Addition & Subtraction Problems | More addition & subtraction.
- 8/10/21 - 15/10/21 = Long multiplication | Short & Long Multiplication.
- 15/10/21 - 22/10/21 = Long & Short Division.