Year 5 - 2020 - 2021
Please see the links below for homework
My Maths: https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
TT Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
In this lesson, we will recap what a verb is, define a simple sentence as a main clause that makes sense on its own and write our very own simple sentences. For this lesson, you will need an exercise book or some paper and a pencil.
In this lesson, we will recap what a simple sentence is and define what a compound sentence is. We will learn what the three coordinating conjunctions are and when to use each one appropriately. We will also practise writing compound sentences using all three coordinating conjunctions. For this lesson, you will need an exercise book or some paper and a pencil.
In this lesson, we will revise simple sentences and then explore compound sentences.
In this lesson, we will explore subordinate clauses and complex sentences.
In this lesson, we will we learn about complex sentences and have a practise at writing some.
In this lesson, we will be representing 5-digit numbers pictorially and identifying the value of each digit within these numbers.
In this lesson, we will be learning how to compare and order 5-digit numbers using number lines and place value charts.
In this lesson, we will be identifying the intervals on incomplete number lines and placing 5-digit numbers on number lines with different scales.
In this lesson, we will be using number lines to round 5-digit numbers to the nearest multiple of 10 000 and the nearest multiple of 1000.
In this lesson, we will be using number lines to round 5-digit numbers to the nearest multiple of 100, 1000 and 10 000. We will also investigate rounding in the context of word problems.
Humans and animals over time, Lessons:
- What is the theory of evolution?
- How do fossils provide evidence of evolution?
- What are the different animal kingdoms?
- What organisms lived during each era of time?
- What impact have humans had on plants and animals?
- What impact are humans likely to have on life in the future?
Keep up with the latest news
- VOTE: Would you send someone back their rubbish?
Talk about junk mail...one Thai National Park is so fed up of having rubbish dumped they have sent a…
- 80th Anniversary: What was the Battle of Britain?
The Battle of Britain was a series of game-changing battles in World War Two, which were fought enti…
- TikTok: President Trump approves Oracle deal to save app
President Trump has approved a deal
- CHAT: The world's first happiness museum is open but what makes you happy?
Have your say. Let us know what would be in your happiness museum!
- PS5 vs Xbox Series X: How do they compare?
Who will win the console war this Christmas? We take a look at the new Xbox and Playstation.